The Liberia Translation and Literacy Organization (LIBTRALO) is a local indigenous NGO that was founded to do the following:
- We do literacy in the in the Liberian languages to teach people how to read and write their own languages
- We do translation – taking the meaning of the text from the original language putting it into the receptor language exactly as it is in the original language.
- We do scripture engagement – reaching people with the scripture through audio, video, and vernacular media
- We do multilingual education – teaching children to begin learning in their languages they speak at home.
- We train interested individuals to teach others how to read and write their own languages
- We develop materials for reading and teaching purposes.