The Translation Department is headed by a Translation Director, Nyanatee K. Sayon, a veteran translator who spent 25 years in this field, translating the Holy Bible into the Klao (Kru) Language of Liberia.
In this department we translate materials from the English Language into the various Liberian languages and also from one Liberian Language to another.
Each language association has a team of translators and reviewers and the department does a final consultancy check on translations that are done.
The Liberian Languages in which we work are:
- Gbarzon Krahn
- Klao (Kru)
From the unset scripture translation was one of the tasks we performed. But Bible Society now has the sole responsibility of scripture translation.
We translate materials on health, education, social, medical, academics and other literature.
We have translated materials such as:
- The Lutheran Hour Ministries correspondence course materials for evangelism:
- Scientific Animation Without Borders (Ebola Messages from the University of Illinois)
- The Constitution of the Republic of Liberia
- K-1 & K- 2 competencies from the Liberian Ministry of Education
- The Trauma Health Book
- The Child to Child health series
- Let’s Study the Christian Faith
- Issues of Faith
- Growing in Faith
- Living in Faith
We have done translation work for such entities as The Elections Commission, Concern Worldwide, FED, Early Childhood Development (ECD) Ministry of Education, Peace Corps.
Our services have been engaged by the Constitution Review Committee to translate the Constitution of Liberia into 16 languages of Liberia.